Prof. Issai Shlimak
Experimental studies of transport phenomena and electronic properties of disordered solids:
- doped semiconductors
- impure metals
- conducting polymers
- hopping conductivity
- metal-insulator transition
- electron-electron interactions
Professor of Physics
Head of Semiconductor Laboratory
Jack and Pearl Resnick Institute of Advanced Technology,
Incumbent of the Erick and Sheila Samson Chair of Semiconductor Technology
1979 D.Sc. (Habilitation) A. F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute Russian Academy of Sciences, St.-Petersburg (Leningrad), Russia
1969 Ph.D. A. F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute Russian Academy of Sciences, St.-Petersburg, Russia
1964 M.Sc. Baku State University
1990– present Bar-Ilan University, Professor of Physics
1981 – 1990 A.F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute, Leningrad, USSR, Leading Researcher
1967 – 1981 A.F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute Researcher, Senior Researcher
Area of scientific activity:
Physics and technology of semiconductors.
Isotopically engineered semiconductors, neutron-transmutation doping.
Electron transport phenomena in doped semiconductors, amorphous films, conducting polymers.
Hopping conductivity, electron-electron interaction, metal-insulator transition.
Courses for students:
• Physics and technology of semiconductors
• Non-crystalline semiconductors and conducting polymers
• Physics of semiconductor devices
• Solid state electronics and optoelectronics.
Honors and awards:
• Council of Ministers of the USSR Prize with a Medal and Diploma, 1983.
• Barecha Fellowship for outstanding immigrant scientists, the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, 1990-1995.