פרופ' בוריס שפירא
Theoretical studies of superconductors in electric fields, layered superconducting superlattices, polarons in conducting low-dimensional systems, non-linear physics of superconducting networks, phase transitions in high-temperature superconductors, vortex motion in high-temperature superconductors, noise in superconductors.
- ACADEMIC BACKGROUND:
- 1980 PHD in Physics and Mathematics, Khar'kov , Institute of Low Temperature Physics. Thesis: " Superconductivity in the dislocation’ systems"
- 1974 M.A. in Physics, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk,Thesis: "Concentration dependence of the critical temperature of the superconducting compounds".
- 1996- present time Professor, Physics Department, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel.
- 1991 - 1996 Associate Professor , Physics Department, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel.
- 1987-1990 Senior Research Scientist, Solid State Department,Institute
- of Inorganic Chemistry, Siberian Branch of the Academy
- of Sciences, Novosibirsk, USSR.
- 1980-1987 Research Scientist, Solid State Department, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Novosibirsk, USSR.
- 1976-1980 doctorant of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Novosibirsk, USSR.
- 1974-1976 Researcher, Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, USSR.
- Theory of Superconductivity
- Magnetic Flux Turbulence in superconductors
- Nucleation of a superconductivity
- Phase Transitions in vortex matter
- Vortices in non-conventional superconductors
- Induction of superconductivity by external electric field
- Flux motion in HTSC and Flux Noise
- Vortex Core,Vortex Instability and Onset of Vortices
- Josephson effect