Prof. Patrick Sebbah
- Experimental physics in Wave Propagation in Complex Media,
- Light-Matter Interaction
- Elastic waves in structures plates
- Multiple Scattering, Anderson Localization
- Nonlinear and Active Random Media, Random Lasers
- Nonlinear Scattering, Instabilities
- Speckle Statistics, Optical Singularities
- Microwave scattering and localization in disordered system.
Associate Professor at the Physique Department of Physics, Bar Ilan University
Ramat Gan 52900, ISRAEL
Director of Research (DR2) at Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
Langevin Institute, CNRS UMR 7587, ESPCI ParisTech
1 rue Jussieu, 75238 Paris, France.
Research group : “Mesoscopic Optics and Complex Media”
Last 3 years
41. Marc Dubois, Emmanuel Bossy, Stefan Enoch, Sébastien Guenneau, Patrick Sebbah
“Time Driven super-socillations with Negative Refraction”, to appear in Physucal Review Letters.
40. N. Bachelard, P. Gaikwad, R. Backov, P. Sebbah, and R. A. L. Vallé,
“Disorder as a Playground for the Coexistence of Optical Nonlinear Effects: Competition between Random Lasing and Stimulated Raman Scattering in Complex Porous Materials”
Accepted in ACS Photonics, DOI: 10.1021/ph500280m (online October 14, 2014).
39. Nicolas Bachelard, Sylvain Gigan, Xavier Noblin, Patrick Sebbah
“Adaptive pumping for spectral control of random lasers”,
Cover page: “The Random Laser Tamed”
This paper has been highlighted in a News and Views article by S. Rotter
“Playing Pinball with light” Nature Physics 10, 412–413 (2014).
38. J. Andreasen, N. Bachelard, S. B. Bhaktha, H. Cao, P. Sebbah, C. Vanneste, “Partially Pumped Random Lasers”, Int. J. of Modern Phys. B 28, 1430001 (2014).
37. M. Dubois, M. Farhat, E. Bossy, S. Enoch, S. Guenneau and P. Sebbah, “Flat lens for pulse focusing of elastic waves in thin plates”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 071915 (2013).
36. Shivakiran Bhaktha B.N., Xavier Noblin, N. Bachelard and Patrick Sebbah
“Optofluidic random laser”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 151101 (2012)
This paper has been selected as an update in Physics Today (October 11, 2012):
“An optofluidic random laser” by Richard Fitzgerald
This paper received a highlight covering in Nature Photonics (January 2013):
“Optofluidics Laser in Random form”, by Rachel Won
35. Nicolas Bachelard, Jonathan Andreasen, Sylvain Gigan, Patrick Sebbah
“Taming random lasers through active spatial control of the pump”
This paper has been selected as the Focus of Physics (July 20, 2012) :
“How to Control a Random Laser” by Frank Smith
34. Laurent Labonté, Christian Vanneste, and Patrick Sebbah
“Localized mode hybridization by fine tuning of 2D random media”
Lab course 3rd year
- Active Control of Random Lasers
- Metamaterials with Flexural Waves